Sunday, June 16, 2013

Feast of Dream


          Last Friday morning at pass 10 am, I woke up from my sleep after dreaming something about me, my family and some people that I love. Alright, so my first thought was “OK, I MISS MY FAMILY.”




          For some people who clearly know me, these people would think that I have just gone silly or perhaps occasionally being a drama king because this is the time when I happen to be living with the three of them who all goes to universities taking their bachelor degrees. But yeah, I’m the only one who constantly stays at home and just waits for his day to end by finishing all his tutorial classes.

          Well, I might admit that I am not living with my parents anymore but still do communicate quite often that I can’t even answer their call but instead, my siblings do. The other two, both the oldest ones are already outside and quite far from us. One is in Davao City and one in Sabah, Malaysia.
In my dream, it was an important holiday and everyone in our neighborhood was feeling the spirit of joy by talking to other and sharing their delight. I and my family happen to be preparing something for us and the neighbors. It was just time then when everything was already cooked and we came out bringing all the foods for all. We dined in a table across our street and called some citizens around to eat with us and share the goodness of the occasion.

          We laughed, we talked. Yeah, we even talked with the other folk coz in reality, we don’t usually do and so do my brothers. I only talk with my siblings but not with most people from the neighborhood. I was so happy, so free. We were. I saw my father walk through the alley back and forth busy but I can feel that he’s happy. I have Mom cooking tons of dishes but that’s so natural of her, was also happy. And my sister, doing whatever she was doing. My family has never really done a feast as big as that.

          It’s just funny that amidst the celebration, my class schedule still got to pitch itself in and have me worried while celebrating with the people I’m having fun with. My dream could not get any crazier. Anyway, that wasn’t really the main realization that I had then. It’s that, these things, these wonderful things being with your big family enjoying the moment, chilling, will never happen again. Not even a heartbeat. My family isn’t a perfect one but I guess there is no such thing as that in this world is there? Not really being pessimistic though but that’s what I believe at least.

          Doesn’t it sting to know that it will always remain to be a dream and you on the other hand have only limited capabilities of making it happen?


          It made me realize so many things, so many things that I can’t even type them all here. Anyway, Happy Father’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment