Sunday, October 14, 2012

Farewell Teenhood



          Who wants losing their teenhood? Or should I say who wants to be categorized as someone who’s older? Well, there’s a lot things going around about this but let me tell you mine. I always accompany growing a year to aging. It might sound so ridiculous but yeah. They might only be saying that age is just a number and even I think that way sometimes. But age is a very powerful and profound term to be discussed while running around the block. 



          Sure, growing is a hard thing and I don’t doubt that but so do leaving teenhood. I don’t know why I’m way attached to this more than I seemed to be. I guess it’s because my mind was pre-filled by the thought that teenhood is the best decade of our age among the rest? Sure, being a teen is so sweet and flavour and I can promise you that. But deep inside of me, there’s something even more to this. A story that only some, or even few only know, or I am afraid it might only be. Losing my teenhood and facing the new generation of my age, sounds pretty easy for most but maybe not for me. 

          My teenage years are so far, the best and the worst of my life. The experiences that I’ve had during these years are never easy for any typical boy like me. But somehow, being thankful for it is the feeling that dominates the most. No wonder I sometimes compare myself to and always want to be like an eagle. Becoming free-spirited and self-aware of his own parameters is what I think makes sense in living life. 

          Going back to the past years of my teenhood never failed to make me realize how far I have come and how colourful my adventure was. These things are never exchangeable with anything else. I guess what really matters is how you make every bit of your moment memorable and how you’re unintentionally able to turn the world upside down like you never imagined. We’re just passengers here and it’ll already be great to have experienced things that most people have.

          It was this stage where I experience to fall in love for the first time, get confused over some matters, undergo mental and physical hardships, get hurt by some people, stumble done, be left, walk alone, develop stronger conviction and ethics, find friends, love what I have, dream bigger, get envious, stand alone, mature, become reliable, take next level of responsibilities, feel liked and loved by someone special, and continue life while being inspired by a whole lot of things.

          How I wish life stages are like studying in school. At least you would know what will happen or what will be the next thing to come. At least after completing every level in elementary and year in high school, you are sure that you’ll always end up graduating and be going to the next level if nothing unmanageable hinders you. How life is full of uncertainties. You never know when you’ll stumble down nor when you’ll be calm and prosperous and neither when you’ll fall. Even the people who would be there during your journey are out of faith.

          Sometimes I wish the concept of a time machine really do exist because only then you’d be able to determine things that have happened, happening or about to happen. But even if this thing would be available, the repercussions of this kind of prerogative would be much awful and hideous where everybody will for sure wish that it has never existed. So if you’re not a clairvoyant, there would be no other way to know what’s in store for us in the future, what or who will come, who will leave not even who will stay. But that’s the essence of life. Uncertainties make it even more naturally special and exciting just as long as you are living your life the way you want it to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment